Things to do
Arnalaya Beach House is loaded with information about the many wonderful things to do in Canggu and further away. It has it’s own Black Book revealing the best restaurants and cafes and the manager has the inside drum on what’s not to be missed. Chat with the staff as many live locally and can share their insight. You may find yourself invited to a unique and unforgettable Balinese Hindu ceremony. Meanwhile, here are a few suggestions to get your vacation started. The villa manager will happily arrange transport and specialist tours too.
- Learn to surf at Batu Bolong or Berawa beaches.
- Imbibe in the Sunday sessions where local hero DJ’s spin their stuff at Old Man’s, Batu Bolong. It’s great for kids with table tennis and other games.
- Indulge in a culinary journey to Bali’s spiritual centre of Ubud, where some of Bali’s finest restaurants await.
- Swing through the trees and eat fresh strawberries at Tree Tops Adventure Park, which is about an hour’s drive north in the cool hills of Bedugul. There is also a stunning lake temple here that should not be missed.
- Wash and feed rescued Sumatran elephants at the superb Elephant Safari Park in the lush mountains of Taro.
- Play a round of golf at the scene-stealing masterpiece designed by Greg Norman, The Nirwana Bali Golf Course has five ocean-side holes, three cliff-to-cliff tee shots and eight holes sculpted into rice-paddies. The 7th overlooks Bali’s Tanah Lot sea temple. Expect a hole-in-one to go unnoticed at this extraordinary golfing experience.
- Shoot the rapids and slip along the serene waters of one of Bali’s mind blowingly beautiful rivers. Let the adrenalin sizzle through your body and take in the dazzling jungle scene with Bali’s premier white water rafting company. This fabulous family fling can be wild or mild. The choice is yours.
- Get on your bike and head for the hills for some cruisey downhill mountain biking. Be chauffeured to a perfect mountainside point where you mount your bike and coast down the hill with an expert guide who will pull over to reveal some of the island’s best-kept secrets.